Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) Cleveland - Hair
The Platelet Rich Plasma treatment, also known as PRP, is a procedure that processes a patient’s own blood through a specialized centrifuge to separate the red blood cells from the platelets which are rich with natural growth factors. The purpose of PRP is to deliver a high concentration of the powerful growth factors to the scalp to stimulate inactive hair follicles into an active growth phase. Unlike hair transplant, PRP is a non-invasive procedure with virtually no downtime and considerably less cost. PRP can be used in men and especially in women with thinning hair where hair transplant is not ideal.
A single PRP session can produce results that can last up to 5 years
A small amount of the patient’s blood is drawn and placed into a specialized centrifuge where it is spun, separating the red blood cells from the plasma, then spun again separating the plasma from the platelets and natural growth factors (***See below for more information about PureSpin® centrifuge). The skin is microneedled using the Rejuvapen®, then platelets containing growth factors are applied directly to the scalp. Some of the platelet rich plasma will also be injected into the dormant hair follicles for greater results. In the majority of patients, new hair growth can be seen within 30 days.
PRP can also be injected into dormant hair follicles by Dr. Parry for increased results
This procedure is appealing because the patient’s own blood is being used, therefore, eliminating the risk of an allergic reaction and because hair growth is stimulated by the body’s own growth factors. Dr. Parry exclusively uses the PureSpin® PRP to ensure the best possible results.
***Read More about PureSpin® PRP
- The Fastest PRP Procedure on the Market:
- Two spin cycles totaling 6 minutes! Significantly faster than even most single spin inferior PRP systems on the market today.
- Best Value:
- Highest volume of PureSpin® PRP gained with the smallest amount of blood drawn from the patient, yielding the lowest price point per ml of PureSpin®.
- Highest Amount of Deliverable Platelets:
- Deliverable platelets are the actual volume of viable platelets contained in a PRP sample. PureSpin® PRP provides upwards of 9.5 billion platelets in a 7ml PureSpin® PRP treatment sample (significantly higher than its closest competitor).
- Highest Platelet Recovery:
- Our polycarbonate tubes eliminate platelet adhesion that will occur from polypropylene tubes, giving us maximum recovery at 95% +/-3%.
- Better Patient Tolerance:
- Small volume of blood draw required. PureSpin® PRP has a hematocrit of less than 1%. This reduction of RBCs allows for use of smaller gauge needles and less patient discomfort than other devices on the market.
For more information about Platelet Rich Plasma, please contact our office to schedule a consultation with Dr. Parry.
Always trust your face to a double board certified, fellowship trained facial plastic and reconstructive surgeon