Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) Cleveland - Face
Platelet Rich Plasma, also known as PRP, is a procedure that processes a patient’s own blood through a specialized centrifugation to separate the red blood cells from platelets rich with natural growth factors. The basic idea behind PRP is to deliver a high concentration of the powerful growth factors to the injured area in order to accelerate tissue production and stimulate the healing process.
A small amount of the patient’s blood is drawn and placed into a specialized centrifuge where it is spun, separating the red blood cells from the plasma, and then separating the plasma from the platelets and natural growth factors. The skin is microneedled using the Rejuvapen, then the platelets containing the growth factors are applied directly to the treated area. Platelets are the most important cell in the repair process, they regulate cell differentiation and proliferation, triggering the body’s natural healing process.
PRP can also be injected into the treated area by Dr. Parry for increased results.
This procedure appeals to the majority of patients because you are using the patient’s own blood, therefore, there is no risk of an allergic reaction and the body’s own growth factors work to repair itself for a beautiful, natural result.
PRP is effective in treating a wide variety of skin issues, including:
- Collagen and elastin stimulation
- Dark circles
- Facial rejuvenation
- Loss of volume
- Enlarged pores
- Sun Damage
- Acne scarring
- Rosacea and other skin conditions
- Hair Loss
Purespin PRP ®
- The Fastest PRP Procedure on the Market:
- Two spin cycles totaling 6 minutes! Significantly faster than even most single spin inferior PPP systems on the market today.
- Best Value:
- Highest volume of Purespin PRP gained with the smallest amount of blood drawn from the patient, yielding the lowest price point per ml of Purespin.
- Highest Amount of Deliverable Platelets:
- Deliverable platelets are the actual volume of viable platelets contained in a PRP sample. PureSpin PRP provides upwards of 9.5 billion platelets in a 7ml Purespin PRP treatment sample (significantly higher than its closest competitor).
- Highest Platelet Recovery:
- Our Polycarbonate tubes eliminate platelet adhesion that will occur from Poly propylene tubes, giving us maximum recovery at 95% +/-3%.
- Better Patient Tolerance:
- Small volume of blood draw required. Purespin PRP has a hematocrit of less than 1%. RBCs add to the PRP viscosity which increases injection difficulty. Physicians can improve the application experience for themselves and their patients because Purespin PRP can be delivered with smaller gauge needles.
For more information about Platelet Rich Plasma, please contact our office to schedule a consultation with our licensed medical esthetician, Michelle Marie.
Always trust your face to a double board certified, fellowship trained facial plastic and reconstructive surgeon